Saturday 5 November 2011

Bike ride to Halton

Yesterday, finally, the weather allowed a bike ride on rusty steed. My bike computer informed me I covered 10.7 miles averaging 9.3mph,  though the read out of maximum speed of 75.9 mph leaves me wondering just how accurate it all is, unless, of course, I entered into some random quantum universe en route.

It's always good going to Halton as there is the welcome knowledge that a spicy bean burger and mug of tea  can be enjoyed together with the view over the Lune.

I always stop on the bridge in the hope that I will see the kingfisher I first saw on my first foray on this route. Alas this time, no sighting though I did see and hear two skeins of geese pass overhead and en route passed three or four goldfinches (a charmlet?)


Spiders had been busy between the metal work of the bridge but the intricacy of the design weaved into the autumn reflections behind could not be captured.

1 comment:

  1. Bike rides to just about anywhere are some of my best memories, Anne. Long live the bike! :)

    ReplyDelete