Tuesday 3 February 2015

Bike ride to Glasson Dock

Distance: 11.7 miles
Average speed: 7.7 mph
Maximum speed: 14.2 miles

It's strange - same destination as last time, same route and yet I seem to have ridden 1.5 miles further today. Perhaps I need new glasses or a new bike distance measurer.

It was a lovely blue skied day, frosty but clear and calm.

I saw my first lambs of the year.


Being on the bike gives extra height for looking over hedges, but once at ground level and wielding a camera, getting a clear view through the hedge is more difficult.

On the way back there was some magic. A blue iridescent gleam shone from the hedge.


A kingfisher! and not only that, I was able to get off my bike, get out my camera and take some pictures. It flitted along the hedge flashed that wonderful blue and the bronze orange of its underside.





No comments:

Post a Comment