Friday 2 October 2015

Hoverflies and bike ride

The weather over the last few days has been wonderful.

The other afternoon I sat in the garden for ages watching hoverflies and bees visiting the Michaelmas daisies and Cystus (I think the pink flowers are Cystus....) I set up the camera on the tripod, focused on a flower head and waited for something to land and then fired the remote control to take images every second.








This one was taken using the rapid fire burst option on the camera










Yesterday I went on a bike ride to Glasson Dock - what with it having been dry for a while, together with the wonderful blue skies I elected to go via the canal and come back the way I usually take via the river.


The path along the canal is not a designated cycle path and at times it felt a bit precarious. A narrow way has been worn by walkers, but trying to keep the bike wheels on it felt a bit like tightrope cycling.




The sun was glorious, though blinding at times, I was glad there were few people around, otherwise a dip in the canal would have been likely.


Trying to catch the sunbeams







It was a great day for reflections.



(For the record: total distance 14.14 miles; average speed 6.2 mph (lots of photography stops and bike pushing in the really dodgy bits; maximum speed 12.8 mph)



1 comment:

  1. You packed a goldmine into that bike trip, Anne, even if somewhat dicey in spots. I love your bravery! And how you come up with your clips/images still just blows my mind. You're always an inspiration! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete