Saturday 26 January 2013

The joys (or otherwise) of note taking

Yesterday I made the mistake of assuming that Frankland Coll and Frankland Lecture Theatre were one and the same place. I dutifully went to what I thought was the right venue and made assiduous notes on assembly language and computing. Bits, bytes and nibbles (!) flowed from my pen as I attempted to get to grips with Forever Loops and Jump Format, hex, dec and binary forms.

As I came out of the lecture I checked my phone ..... there had been a text about 5 minutes into the lecture from the student I was taking the notes for, to tell me that I was In The Wrong Room. Mortification! Not only that, I had suffered sitting through a not altogether (for me at least) enlightening lecture, taking notes that were of no use to anyone, unless I have happened on a new pastime - random note taking. I wonder if it could take off?

2 comments:

  1. You either laugh or cry! Which did you do, I wonder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... my first impulse was mortification that I hadn't been in the right place :( it was some time later before I could see the funny side!

      Delete