Wednesday 15 October 2014

Another cycle to Glasson Dock

Distance : 11.6 miles
Average speed: 7.7 mph
Maximum speed: 13.5 mph

It's been a while since I've been out on the bike.  Today was a bit overcast but not too windy, so I set off. Even before I had left our road end I had seen four magpies together and en route there was lots of bird life. Now that autumn is here there are fewer leaves, so birds are more obvious. I heard the geese long before seeing them. There were hundreds of greylags and Canada geese in a field.



As I walked into the field they all took off with a huge amount of noise.




Destination reached it was time for a rest and an admiring of the view.




As I watched I played around with the little fisheye lens I bought that fits over my mobile phone.







A stop at the fish smokery for some smoked mackerel before heading back. Loads of bird sound, curlews, oyster catchers, robins as I made by way home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment