Wednesday 11 July 2012

Rainy day activities #2

Join a gym ....

The dreich and dismal weather is not conducive to getting out and about, so the consensus was that we join a gym. It has to be said that the "gym" bit did not appeal to me at all, but when I was told that there was a  swimming pool the concept of a new exercise regime did become more appealing as I realised I could factor it into my jacuzzi and sauna combo scenario. So we have already been  a few times and while my co aquaphile powers her way through length upon length, I dabble about with my apology to the crawl and do approximately two lengths and one jacuzzi session to every 20 lengths of hers. Younger daughter has however pointed out that this HAS to stand me in better stead should the river flood and I need to get to the other side.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. HA! Every bit helps, or so they say. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So they say Ginnie ... I have now experienced an aquatrim class, what is good about it is that my lack of coordination is less obvious underwater ha ha.

      Delete